Baby’s first Halloween! I made this costume – bee and flower. I made the flower for myself, but Andy’s bald head fit in better, so I think he will be the tulip. 🙂 I made these for the BurdaStyle Bernina Halloween contest. The first prize is $1000 in cash! so I thought I’d give it a try. There is no way that I can win this contest though, since other people’s costumes are so so impressive! I am in awe. They are all so elaborate, and I’m embarrassed that I didn’t put too much time into it. Check out here for the 200+ entries for the contest!
The bee outfit is made of yellow sweat shirt jersey, and it is quite comfortable. I traced the pattern from an old one of Kiko’s onesie’s. Stupidly, I made a mistake of tracing a pattern from one she wore when she was three-months old. When I finished the onsie and put it on her, it was way too tight. It looked like she was sitting on air chair because she could not stretch her legs out! So I ended up cutting off the feet. Even still, it fit her tightly. I will have to pass this item on to a baby in my church who is 4 months younger than Kiko.