In my last post about Silk Painting, I showed what the paint looked like on polyester satin. I painted on 100% silk satin, and was very surprised by how much different the result was (polyester vs. silk). I much prefer painting on 100% silk. The paint spreads and mixes the color on silk beautifully, which I did not experience on 100% poly satin. I only have six basic colors (yellow, red, blue, purple, brown and black) plus lightening medium (to thin the paint without using water), but I was able to create the flower and grape motif pictured below. I used a small embroidery hoop to stretch the silk, so I painted one petal at a time, and re-stretched the silk on different parts of the fabric. Thankfully, the paint dries pretty quickly (might dry even quicker if I were to use a hair dryer) . I find it easier to complete the darts and one side seam before painting. That way, you can extend the motif from the front piece to back piece without having a gap because of the side seam. The dress is just a test before I paint on the bride’s dress, so she can see the pattern placement. The dress will be added to the shop for a sample sale price soon!